Green Tea is just one of the powerful ingredients in StemLife by BlueFire. It was carefully chosen based on a body of research showing many benefits, especially for our cells. Green tea has been a popular beverage for centuries in East Asia, and its health benefits have been known for just as long. More recently, green tea extract has become popular as a supplement due to its concentrated dose of the plant’s powerful nutrients. Green tea extract is derived from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant and contains antioxidants and other beneficial compounds. Here are some of the benefits of green tea extract, supported by scientific studies.
- Improved cellular function: Green tea extract has been shown to improve cellular function, particularly in the brain. Studies have found that green tea extract can improve cognitive function, memory, and attention. This is likely due to the high concentration of antioxidants in green tea extract, which protect cells from oxidative stress.
- Stem cell proliferation: Green tea extract has also been shown to stimulate stem cell proliferation. Stem cells are important for the repair and regeneration of damaged tissues in the body, and green tea extract may help to support this process. A study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that green tea extract increased the proliferation of human mesenchymal stem cells, which are important for bone and cartilage repair.
- Weight loss: Green tea extract has been shown to aid in weight loss. One study found that green tea extract supplementation resulted in a significant decrease in body weight, body mass index (BMI), and waist circumference in obese individuals. This may be due to the fact that green tea extract has been shown to increase thermogenesis (the body’s production of heat), which can help to burn more calories.
- Lowered risk of chronic diseases: Green tea extract has been associated with a lower risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. This is likely due to the high concentration of antioxidants in green tea extract, which can help to prevent damage to cells and tissues in the body. A meta-analysis of 15 studies found that green tea consumption was associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Improved liver function: Green tea extract has been shown to improve liver function and reduce the risk of liver disease. A study published in the World Journal of Gastroenterology found that green tea extract supplementation improved liver function in individuals with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
In conclusion, green tea extract is a powerful supplement with a range of health benefits. Its ability to improve cellular function, stimulate stem cell proliferation, aid in weight loss, lower the risk of chronic diseases, and improve liver function make it a valuable addition to a healthy lifestyle. As with any supplement, it’s important to talk to your doctor before starting green tea extract to ensure it’s safe for you